Friday, May 29, 2009

Heading into Month 4 - Things are going GREAT! PLUS, NEW MUSIC to share!!

James and I went to the doctors earlier this week... things were looking GREAT for the baby. Everything looked really good with my blood work, all my symptoms and measurements were within ideal range, and the baby's heartbeat is continuing strong in the 140s. All in all we are feeling really great about this pregnancy! I talked to the doctor about my migraines and she did say I could take my Imitrex if I really needed to... but the way she said that made me think I needed to use that as a last resort whenever possible. If it comes down to me dealing with a migraine or risking the baby's well being, I think I can suck it up and cope with a little pain. Hopefully it is a moot point though, aside from a few headaches, I haven't had any migraine episodes since the last one.

I have been having some of the strangest cravings lately. The other day I actually made James run to the store to buy me watermelon. I don't even remember the last time watermelon came to mind, but somehow that day I NEEDED it. LOL! Of course, like the awesome dad he is, he went without hesitation to pick some up for me. And let me tell you, that was the BEST watermelon I have ever had in my life! I can't say that all my cravings have been good for me though... yesterday I wanted chips and french onion dip. I can't even begin to fathom why, but that's what I had to have. And of course, I try to give into my cravings (at least in moderation) whenever possible. For one, if I ignore the cravings, I make everyone around me miserable. LOL! I try not to, but I can't help it - it makes me grouchy not to get what I want when I want it! LOL! For another, someone once told me the cravings are a natural part of pregnancy that tells you what your body needs at the time it needs it. I can't even begin to guess what my body needed from chips and dip, but hey, who am I to question Mother Nature?? ;-)

Last Wednesday was the last day for our Ladies Bible study at church. Boo! Lynda, Donna, and I have been doing the music for each week at that event. We have all had so much fun playing/singing with each other again!! In addition to an awesome "feast" at the last session, we were also delighted to receive roses and a recording of some of the music we performed for the ladies. It was such a sweet gift! And even though I don't necessarily like to hear myself sing, even I have to admit that this cd is actually really impressive. It includes a few of the best recordings of Lynda and I together, and as always, Donna plays the piano like a dream! It is really quite fun to listen to! I handed a couple of copies out to friends and family members with stellar feedback. I am posting a few on my blog (below) for others to hear too. Try to let them all load before playing or they will sound choppy. Also, keep in mind these are LIVE recordings, so you may hear a few musical flubs. :-) If these work, please let me know what you think. :-)

Song List:

1. You Are Still Holy. I am singing lead and that angel's voice backing me up is Lynda. :-)

2. Knees to the Earth - I am leading, Lynda backing me up

3. Holy Spirit Come - I am leading, Lynda backing

4. Breathe - Lynda is leading, I am singing backup

5. Pure and Holy Passion - I am singing lead, Lynda backup

6. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus - I am singing lead, Lynda backup

7. My Heart Your Home - I am singing lead, Lynda backup

8. Emmanuel - Lynda singing lead, me on backup

9. Captivate Us - Lynda singing lead, me on backup

10. One - Lynda singing lead, me on backup

11. Hungry - I am singing lead, Lynda backup

No comments: